Ultrasonic testing is utilized to detect surface and subsurface defects in a wide range of materials including metals, plastics, and wood.
Ultrasonic inspection may also be utilized to measure the thickness of materials and to characterize the properties of various materials. This form of testing is an electronic process based on sound velocity and attenuation measurements. Lead NDT commonly uses ultrasonic testing on welds, SEA, and various raw materials. In addition, we utilize the latest in ultrasonic technology to ensure accurate results and dependability.
- Depth of penetration for flaw detection or measurement is superior to other methods
- Only single-sided access is required
- Provides distance information
- Minimum part preparation is required
- Method can be used for much more than just flaw detection